We at Platinum Entertainment DJ Services have entertained at wedding ceremonies and receptions for years. Brides in the planning process often ask, “Why a DJ and not a live band?” Where do I begin?
I am not going to bash live bands. Most of them are truly talented and can add that certain live performance ambiance that is not exactly the same as with a Mobile D.J. However, there are several facets to consider with regard to the Music / Entertainment portion of your special day:
- Can they perform at your beautiful and secluded beach front ceremony where there is no power or stage?
- Can they play all the genres of music you want to have played? For example, Old Blue Eyes (Frank Sinatra) for your favorite Aunt Sally who gets so nostalgic when Frank sings or the Cupid shuffle which is your favorite line dance song.
- Is there a member of the band that will be the Master of Ceremonies? Will they be actively involved in ensuring all events occur in a timely manner and nothing is forgotten or overlooked?
- Also, the one thing we hate the most, but that must be addressed is COST…. The average cost of a wedding DJ is approximately $1000.00 and the average cost of a wedding band is $2,000.00 plus.
- Last, but certainly not least, do they have the up-lighting, special effects and dance lighting that turns every event into a magical one?
- A Mobile DJ can accomplish all these tasks and more!!!
So, if you are interested in a Mobile DJ, we at Platinum Entertainment DJ Services are here to assist you in creating an unforgettable wedding experience. We will meet with you to discuss every detail at your design session, create a custom itinerary covering every aspect of your special day and give all the tools and equipment needed to create an unforgettable experience on one of the most important days of your life!! Contact us today at 904-465-3726 or DJ904.com.